Bismillah: 2014

Almost forgot to post this time!
I just spent the great moment of the clock striking 12 on 1st January 2014 by browsing through my FB or Instagram feed. #Boo
Then I went back(to wonderland) and read an old conversation with an old friend.. did I just do that? yup, I did. After like forever. #Imnotaloner #Imnot #No.

Anyway, I have a final exam in a day, yani 2nd January so that's what's keeping me busy at the moment. Other than that I'm a bit behind on my Tafseer lessons because last week was pretty much spent in bed, recovering from something we still haven't diagnosed. Yeah, self diagnosis is our thing.

2013? That was a very happening year. RELATIONSHIPS is one word that sums up most of it. SO much has changed in this one year in regards to who is the top contact on my whatsapp list, to who is in my prayers and who is hardly there. One thing is for sure: I've never had better friends and acquaintances than I do right now. Alhamdolillah. (Zuzu being one and the best) (Just don't want to forget this) (Need to stop explaining)

We have covered almost 13.5 ajzaa of the Quran in our TQ class and that just keeps making me feel so worried that i'm not doing justice to it. It's going so fast. I can't believe my first real journey with the Quran has been, almost, half completed. I don't want it to go so fast. I want it to last forever. Yes, it will inshaAllah last forever but the first journey is supposed to be the most amazing and it's going too fast!:( Alhamdolillah that Allah has been allowing me to still be a part of it. So many amazing people have had to drop out, it's heart sinking to think that could've been me. May He never let that happen. Just that amazing feeling of opening the juz and merely reading a couple of verses and their tafseer, that makes my whole day.

رَبَّنَا لاَ تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ
[8: آل عمران]

I'm sure loads has happened this year. Starting from my driving classes in January to WOC2013 in Feb; First moots and court visits. First "Ahsanti" at fiqh ul Quloob and The Preamble. Choti Choti Khushiyan adding up to the perfectly Decreed string of 365 days.

Here is to just another day, that can only get better with what we make of it. Not what they say it is.
Bismillah 1st January 2014.





0 comments:

Post a Comment